Implementation at the JFZ
U14 - U19 general training focus Menzi C. et al. (2007)
- targeted and more effective exercises that also include sport-specific elements
- holistic and risk-free
- before preadolescents and adolescents have reached physical and skeletal maturity, strengthening exercises of a competitive nature such as weight lifting, power lifting, bodybuilding and maximal lifts should be avoided.
- Strength training program should involve all major muscle groups
- Train with the greatest possible range of motion
- Varied forms of training to optimize performance progress
- Strength training with free weights and with machines
Performance improvement U14 - U17 Menzi C. et al. (2007)
- it should be possible to complete at least 10 repetitions with a given weight, otherwise the resistance is too great and must be reduced
- If 15 repetitions can be completed with ease, resistance should be increased by 5 to 10%.
- Range: before resistance is increased, the athlete should be able to perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions in 3 consecutive exercise sessions.